Pages

Sunday, February 19, 2012

The Pizzadog!

Ok, so after lots of requests for this somewhat crazy but oh so favorite food of my kidlets, I decided to post it here...

About 2 years ago, I dreamed up this concoction out of pure desperation. I was early in my pregnancy for little man (read Hyperemesis Gravidarum). The older kidlets wanted pizza, but mommy had zero energy to make a real pizza. I scavenged the kitchen for ideas for dinner, my head spinning, feeling as if I was going to puke, die or both. I saw the buns, cheese and pepperoni... BAM it hit me!

Thus the Pizza dog was born!

Pizzadog!
1 hotdog bun
Some shredded mozzarella cheese
Some pepperonis
Put cheese and pepperonis on the bun, microwave for about 30 seconds (cover with a damp paper towel to keep the bun soft)... serve with pizza sauce...

My kids love this! For the dairy free kidlet, I just use her vegan mozzarella cheese!

No comments:

Post a Comment