Pages

Sunday, January 17, 2010

Why am I blogging? What does crunchy mean?

Well crunchy is a term that comes from the 70's when everything was all about nature and health and well granola is healthy... and crunchy... so crunchy refers to doing things as nature intended, doing things that are best for your health... So as a slightly crunchy mom I try to do things as naturally as possible.

I decided to start this blog as a way for me to journal about my thoughts on parenting and the practices I have adopted over the years as I have become more experienced in this wild world of being a mom. I have 3 little girls and being a mom to girls came naturally to me. Why wouldn't it? I mean I am a girl, right? Of course I am. I never really consciously thought about my parenting beliefs or practices because I just knew what to do, and I did it.

So what changed? What made me start thinking about how I parent? Easy, I am 26 weeks pregnant today with my 4th child and I found out about 6 weeks ago that I was going to be entering uncharted territory. My little baby had a penis! Now, I know thousands and thousands of little boys are born... so no it's not like it has never been done before, but for me this was something new. It was weird. I'm not a boy. I have no idea what makes boys tick. OMG! I have to figure out how to raise a BOY!?!

I realized that I was embarking on a journey and I had no map, no compass, and most importantly no personal prior experience to guide me... It is kinda scary, kinda exciting, kinda overwhelming, and kinda awesome all at the same time!

Follow me as I explore myself as a parent past, and present and discover if the way I parent my girls will be the same as how I will parent my boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment