So I picked up a pack of cheapo Gerber prefolds from Walmart the other day. They totally suck as diapers, because they are filled with poly batting. I really, really, really wanted to try my hand at converting prefold diapers into fitted diapers.
I found several tutorials online and thought it was super cool. Here are some of the tutorials I found:
http://cloth-crazy.blogspot.com/2009/04/prefold-to-fitted.html (This is the one I used)
http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=360788 (This one has useful info too)
http://hatcherbee.xanga.com/719980385/prefitted-tutorial-lux-edition/ (The pimped version that I will try next)
For practice I followed the tutorial exactly. Here is the finished product. I made 6 of these and gave them to the girls to use on their baby dolls and stuffed animals. I also sent some to daycare with them to spread awareness of cloth diapers to the other families. I did add velcro closures because I didn't want to give a bunch of 3-5 year old children cloth diapers with pins in them.
The girls love their new cloth diapers so they can diaper their "babies" too! I was on such a roll that I decided to whip up some doll slings for them too!
Proud baby wearers!