Pages

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Mini cloth diaper crisis!

So I don't know what math told me that 4 hemp diapers would be enough to diaper 2 preschool age children through the weekend... Maybe if I wanted to wash Saturday, Sunday and Monday... BLECH... too much laundry.


This dawned on me Saturday at about 11am, when I discovered that the diapers I had just taken out of the wash would only last that day and that on Sunday and Monday I would have to wash them again, and again...

Mini crisis ensued for about 30 minutes while I tried to decide what to do. I figured I would just suffer through the excessive wash schedule for the weekend, and go back to the cloth diaper store on Monday and pick up more hemp. Ugh, more money, on an already tight budget, that we hadn't planned on shelling out.

Then in a RARE moment of brilliance (remember I have a parasitic human sucking up what remains of my brain cells at an alarming rate) I remembered that I just washed 24 microterry pocket diaper inserts for the baby that would be too big for him for at least 4-5 months.

Hmmm? Will those work? No sense in letting them collect dust in a dresser for months, right?

Microterry is a super absorbent product and should not be wore right next to the skin (that's why they are pocket diaper inserts). Well crap there goes that bright idea, or maybe not?

I was putting away towels and saw a stack of baby blankets from when the girls were babies. Of course we couldn't use all those girly print blankets to wrap up a baby boy, and I didn't want to just throw them out, and seriously how many blankets do the girls need for their baby dolls anyway?

I decided to pull out the old sewing machine and whip up some "pockets" for the microterry inserts. Ah hah! Problem solved!

Best part of this whole ordeal?

Mini crisis fixed for FREE!

Empty "pockets"


Stuffed "pockets" in the diaper cover

No comments:

Post a Comment